Carmen Y. Lattimore, President & Founder
Carol McLean, Director
Laura Webb Smith, Dean of Students
Shirley Jackson, Administrator & Financial Advisor
Melissa Jordan, Registrar
STATEMENT OF FAITH
These are the core beliefs of the leaders and members of Victory Church International:
1. The Scriptures Inspired of God. Both Old and New Testament scriptures are the divine revelation of God to man; the infallible, inerrant, and authoritative Word of God in all matters including scientific as well as faith, conduct, moral and theological issues (II Tim. 3:15-17; 1 Thess. 2:13; II Pet. 1:20; Rom. 15:4).
2. The One True God. God has revealed Himself as the eternally self-existent I Am, the Creator of the universe and the Redeemer of mankind (Deut. 6:4; Ex. 3:14; Isa. 43:10-12, Isa. 25; and 44:6). God has further revealed Himself as a triune being manifested as Father, Son and Holy Spirit (Isa. 48:16; Matt. 28:19; and Luke 3:22). He is omniscient, omnipotent, and omnipresent.
3. The Lord Jesus Christ. The Son of God, Jesus Christ, is the Word made flesh, and shares in the divinity and deity of God. He was conceived of the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, lived a sinless life, worked all manner of miracles, was striped for our healing, and crucified for our sins. He was bodily resurrected from the dead, ascended to heaven, and is at the right hand of the Father in the position of High Priest, Intercessor, and Advocate. He shall return for the Church and to rule in the Kingdom of God (Matt. 1:23; John 5:22-23; II John 3; Heb. 1:1-13).
4. The Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit is the third person of the Godhead. He convicts, regenerates, indwells, empowers, and seals all believers in Christ; fills those who yield to Him (Tit. 3:5; Eph. 4:30; John 16:7-11); and gives spiritual gifts to all believers. However, the manifestation of any particular gift is not required as evidence of salvation (I Cor. 12:8-10).
5. Man. Man was created in the image of God (Gen. 1:26-27). He disobeyed God and is now in a state of depravity, having brought upon himself spiritual and physical death as a consequence of Adam's fall (Gen. 2:17; 3). Man is now subject to sin and eternal judgment; however he is a free moral agent who may choose salvation by repentance from sin and faith in Jesus Christ (Rom. 5:12-21; 10:9; Acts 4:12).
New converts are to be baptized (immersed) in water in the Name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit, in the Name of Jesus Christ.
Believers are to pray daily, study the Word often and fellowship with the Church regularly. They are to love others, be humble and obey God.
6. The Baptism of the Holy Spirit. The Baptism of the Holy Spirit is a distinct endowment of power from on high which is reserved for believers for the purpose of holy living, witnessing and service. All the ministry gifts of the Holy Spirit are available to believers today and may be used in the ministry of the body of Christ (Acts 1:4,8; 2:4; 1 Cor. 12:1-31).
7. The Second Coming of Jesus Christ. The second coming of Christ includes the catching away of the Church (I Thess. 4:16-17), followed by the actual, visible return of Christ with His saints (the Church) to reign with Him on earth for one thousand years (Zech. 14:5; Matt. 24:27, 30; Rev. 1:7; 19:11-14; and 20:1-6).
8. The Final Judgment. There will be a final judgment in which the wicked dead will be raised and will be judged according to their works. Whosoever is not found written in the Book of Life, together with the devil (a real being who is the tempter and accuser of the brethren) and his demons, the beast and the false prophet, will be consigned to everlasting punishment in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death (Matt. 25:46; Mark 9:43-48; and Rev. 19:20).
9. Repentance. The only means of being cleansed from sin is through repentance and faith in our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ (I Peter 1:18-19; Rom 3:23-25, and Eph 1:7-8).
10. Biblical Creation. The Creation took place as recorded in the first 11 chapters in the book of Genesis, in the six literal days of the creation week (Gen. 1-11).
11. Accuracy of Biblical History. We believe in the full historicity of the Biblical record of history, including the literal existence of Adam and Eve as the progenitors, the literal fall and resultant divine curse on the creation, the worldwide cataclysmic deluge, and the origin of nations and languages at the tower of Babel (I Tim. 3:15-17).
12. The Church. Jesus Christ is the Founder and Head of the Church, which is made up of every born again believer on earth. The Church is the Body of Christ, and has the responsibility to evangelize the world (Matt. 28:19-20; 10:1, 8).
Five-Fold Development Institute
(A Greater Works Ministry)
And He Himself gave some to be apostles, some prophets, some evangelists, and some pastors and teachers, for the equipping of the saints for the work of ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ. (Ephesians 4:11-12)
A School Reproducing Ministers After God Owns Heart
Copyright © 2008 by "My Father's Business" - All Rights reserved - E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
September 13, 2021 7PM